Friday, October 17, 2014

Ugliness of fear and Art video



Exposing fear for the nasty thing it is and the ugly faces that it hides behind. I've been dealing with fear for way to long and have allowed it into my life for to long and it's time to expose it. How did you allow it into your life? My thoughts. What you think about is what you will become. If you sit and think about ice cream long enough, you will end up wanting it.
Fear hides behind many faces because it's a coward and that's what it does, hide. Yes, I believe fear is a spirit. I have found myself for many years holding on to things that have hurt me and caused me to have feelings and emotions I couldn't ever explain or figure out why I felt that way or why I acted a certain way. We often think oh that's just the way I am because momma's that way or daddy's that way and we see everyone else acting this way or that way and it must be normal.

Sometimes things we go through are to hard and we push it down or out of our mind because it's going to hurt to much feel it. There are times God allows us to walk through quiet, hard, lonely, desert times in order to bring us to Him. We truly can't do anything apart from Him. We think we can but we can't. He is so faithful in loving us and doesn't want us going through anything without Him. Is it painful walking through the desert, oh my gosh, Yes! It's very painful. I am walking through the desert right now and the Lord is revealing things to me that I have purposely buried or buried without knowing in order to protect myself. The beauty of the Lord is that He reveals things slowly because He knows how much we can handle. He will never give us more than what we can handle and He will always be faithful by our side and will never leave us or abandon us.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6
Yes, there are times when it doesn't "feel" like it, but He is.

 Darkness doesn't like to lose its grip and he will fight just as hard but he will lose because Jesus Christ is so much more powerful and has already conquered.  

The Lord says, I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33 

The many faces of fear:

jealousy
comparison
bitterness
resentment
anger
rage
loneliness
insecurity
low self-esteem
depression
worry
anxiety

I am learning that all those things are fear based and God says:
 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.

2 Timothy 1:7 (Amplified)


So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

I am renewing my mind with God's word as He says: Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Does this mean it will be all over? No. There will be times again in my life when I will have to face something hard again. It's ok though I'm growing within myself  and closer to Him.

How do I renew my mind, by meditating on His word. Rolling it over, over, over, over and over again, until it becomes a part of me. I have given the negative thoughts free room and border for to long so this takes me some time. Stopping the negative thought and replacing it with what the Lord says about me. If you know how to worry, then you know how to meditate. 


2 comments:

Maxine D said...

We are always a work in progress Cassandra - thankfully God never despairs of us, but keeps encouraging us to move forward in Him.
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Conner said...

Great words! Great scripture! Fear of just not being accepted because of being overweight, not having "cute" clothes, etc. has plagued me since childhood.

The spirit of fear definitely plays a part in almost everyone's life.

I will definitely write down these scriptures and learn them & hide them in my heart so when those doubts and fears come-I can remember the promises of God.

Love your art piece!!