Sunday, October 12, 2014

Devotion...

I am sharing a devotion from Joyce Meyer, whom I love and it's called:

You Have What It Takes To Do It Afraid



Fear is an enemy that torments the soul and seeks to steal our life. Conquering it is not something that we do in one day, or even in 1,000 days. It is something that we conquer one day at a time with God’s help. I still confront and deal with fears that try to make me think I need to do more, or try harder, or be nicer. Fear can show up unexpectedly. One of our goals should be to recognize it so we can deal with it right away.
Recently, I was waking up at about 2 or 3 in the morning and then having difficulty going back to sleep. After two nights of that, I found myself going to bed with a vague sort of fear that it would happen again, and sure enough it did. After about three nights of the same thing, God reminded me that I could pray and resist Satan, the source of all fear. According to God’s Word, the sleep of the righteous should be sweet (see Proverbs 3:24). I prayed immediately and went back to sleep and have not had any problems since then.
to read more continue here.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Maxine D said...

Thank you Cassandra - this was timely.
Blessings
Maxine