Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sharing some art...

Hi there. I have a couple pictures of art to share with you, oh and one of our sweet little Luke. He's our seven year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. We have two dogs and I have learned so much from each one. Luke is so kind, loving and forgiving. He's like a little child when he's hurt or not feeling well he will come looking for me and follow me around until I sit with him. He can also tell time, he knows when it's four o'clock for dinner. He will come over to where I am and tap my arm and look up at me and his eyes say, it's time for dinner. hahah!  I call him my adventurous pup because when he's outside alone without our Golden Retriever he will explore the backyard as if he's on a nature walk. He will run around and amuse himself. He's so cute. My son took this picture of him last night.

It's been quite a productive month with getting art together for the show. This coming month I will also be working with my husband on making some display stands and then painting and staining them. I am looking forward to that so I can start seeing this come into fruition. I've gotten stressed more than I would like and I have to keep reminding myself that the Lord opened this door for me and He will guide me through.





I am also working on some primitive salt dough ornaments for a friend. I used to make them about four years ago and she contacted me a couple weeks ago asking if I had gotten back into making them and I told her I hadn't but I wouldn't mind making them for her. She has a lot of craft shows coming up and uses them in her prim fixin's potpourri. That's been a lot of fun. 


I hope you're doing well. :o) Have a great day!

6 comments:

Sandi Holland said...

Color combo is nice, muted with one accent color. They remind me of papier mache, one of my first loves. Are they female forms and will they have strings?

GCgirl said...

Very pretty art...and super cute dog too! What a blessing that your loving husband is so encouraging--hope you two enjoy making the display stands!

Patty said...

Well, he's adorable to say the least! And your artwork is beautiful...best of luck to you!

Dixie said...

Oh my, your little Luke is adorable! He looks quite studious too, lol. Your artwork is amazing, Cass, and I'm sure your show will be a huge success. I'd love to see your display when it's all completed!

MaxineD said...

Cassandra I am sure your exhibition will 'go well' - as you say, The Lord opened the doors, and where He leads, He provides.
Love your cute wee dog.
Blessings
Maxine

xinme said...

I've been wondering how you're doing, Cassandra -- and how your art-making has been going. You're creating some lovely pieces, I see! I love the colours and textures :)

Anyway -- just wanted you to know I've been thinking of you :)
-Paula