Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The joy of the Lord....

Hi, I do apologize for not sharing more art. I am still in the process of sprucing up my home and doing my online class.  I do appreciate you continuing to stop by and visit with me. I hope you're doing well. :o)

I am the Guest Designer at Gecko Galz this month. I was on their Design Team last year and was very happy when I asked Leanne about a guest spot and she said yes. Do take a minute to check her shop out she has a kit club and teaches classes, one of her classes may be in your area. I love her vintage images and she's a very sweet lady. Thank you Leanne for having me.
This piece I incorporated my Word Art in along with one of her beautiful images. I love how she seems to be in a garden and her hands are raised up to praise Him.

The Word Art this week at my Word Art Wednesday challenge is always free for you to use. It's Nehemiah 8:10 and is very special to me. They all are but this one in particular because there is no joy in my life without Him. I have found that if I don't take a few minutes of my day to sit still, take a deep breath and regroup with Him, I am unhappy. Nothing and no one else gives me strength to get through the day. Thank you Lord.


10 comments:

Pamela said...

Your art is beautiful. This is one of my favorite verses. Joy -- that's my strength...only not just joy, but the joy of my Lord!

Tameko said...

So uniquely beautiful. Love them embellishments and texture.

Pam said...

Beautiful words and beautiful art. What a nice post to see this morning!

Jonia said...

Cassandra this is beautiful! As always you knock my socks off girl!

Becky said...

What a fabulously unique project. Beautiful image and lovely details.
Hugs&Blessings :)

KarenC Inspired said...

I really like the image you used. The layering of different textures really makes the whole thing pop! Great job.

Mrs. Miles said...

Simply beautiful - I think your card does just this, causes one to stop and admire and ponder this so true scripture. When we rush rush all the time we miss the joy HE has for us right where we are.

Thanks for sharing!

Congrats on your Guest Designing.

Mynnette said...

That image is amazingly perfect for this verse! And you are so right--we cannot ever be truly happy unless we rely on our Lord! :)

Wendy Swenne said...

Congrats on being a guest DT for Gecko Galz. Don't know their site, but will take a look after this comment :D

And again: such a beautiful art piece you've made. Love the lace and the flowers. Are those from a die from Tim?
Love the image, as a symbol of praising God.

So very true.... with God we can have joy!

Have a blessed day!


Wendy

Tabitha said...

gorgeous! I just love the lace. It really sets your art off.