Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sharing some art...


Good morning, I should be getting my day started but I wanted to take a minute and share with you a piece I've been working on. This is for my Word Art Wednesday challenge blog. The verse is from Joshua 1:9 I hereby command you: be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with wherever you go.
I have known for a long time that I've allowed a few people and the negative things they do have control over my thoughts and life. By that I mean I will sit and think about what they said, how can I help them, what if this happens, why do they do this, how can they continue to do this, etc. and I am learning that when I allow these negative thoughts to continuously repeat, it is debilitating to my walk with the Lord, my health, my family and so much more. It's become a very bad habit and I know this is not the life almighty God created me for. I know in the depths of my spirit what I need to do and I know He will be right here with me to help me through as He always is. Thank you Lord for guiding me, loving me, giving me strength each and every day to do the things that I can't do on my own.

Thanks for stoppin' by and I hope you have a beautiful day.

17 comments:

Becky said...

This is beautiful!

Patti J said...

Your creation is so beautiful, but what really impressed me was your written post today. Good for you! Give it up, girl - you can do it! Thanks for sharing...

Jonia said...

Cassandra, this is just gorgeous! I love what you have done with it. Girl you have grown so much and I am so proud of you and your new challenges. They are doing great!

NickelNook said...

Amen! This was a lesson the Lord taught me as well, Cassandra. We can't control what other people say or do. How we RESPOND to their behavior is our responsibility. With the Lord's help, we can respond in a way that honors Him! Thank you so much for your sharing!
Your artwork is beautiful! Did you make the flowers yourself? They're lovely!...Nancy :o)

Tabitha said...

I love all your beautiful rosettes. very beautiful.

Dixie said...

What a beautiful piece of art, and a beautiful post to go with it. Such a lovely image, too.

This Art That Heals said...

Thank you ladies. Yes, I made those rosettes out of pink fabric that I dipped in walnut ink. They're much prettier in person.

trisha too said...

Lovely piece, Cassandra, so feminine and pretty!

:)

MaxineD said...

Beautiful art, Cassandra, and thank you for sharing. I think we can all identify somewhat with those experiences that you have shared.
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Swenne said...

Love your art. Love the image and the stamping.

And your writing touched me. It's good to read you don't want those negative things in your life any more. And I know it's a struggle, but always turn to God and He's faithful to help. God is good. Even in times we don't think we are getting out of negativity. He's always there.

Have a great day!

Wendy

MariLynn said...

This is beautiful. I really like the pearls. Thank you sharing how this verse encouraged you. I hope you are having a blessed week!!

KarenC Inspired said...

vintage-shabby chic is my favorite!
The first thing I thought when I saw the picture of the elegant lady is- she is a perfect example of strength & courage.
When we're "with God" he blesses us with strength & courage. He is so GOOD!

Kate said...

I am in love with your rosettes...so pretty. Awesome job!!

Mrs. Miles said...

Hi Cassandra,

Thanks for your visit to my blog. I decided to hop over here and catch you too.

I love the shabby/chic look of your card, its the sort that will grace someone's mantle and be too precious to file away.

Reading your post, I am reminded that I am still taking the "complaint free world" challenge (you can google it) ... it is a daily reminder that how I think colors my world. God gives us a choice of HOW we think... and trusting in Him means we should be thinking "the cup 1/2 full" side of things. Thanks for your writing.

Hope you have a creative and meaningful weekend,

Blessings,
Barb

Gemiel said...

Amen, to your post this week. Your art piece is beautiful and I'd love to know how to make the rosettes. They are so pretty.

Margaret said...

This is gorgeous Cassie as is all your work. Love those roses.

Mynnette said...

Thank you for sharing part of your life with us all. I know that this type of challenge is so uplifting and helpful to all--we can share and say things to others who understand us. I've had a hard time worrying about people and things I personally can't change when I'VE been the one to need to change--I've recently made my peace to those involved and feel so much better! :) Your artwork is gorgeous--I just love the soft and feminine feel of it! :) Thanks for a fabulous challenge!