Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My WAW art piece...

Hi there, how's it goin'? All is well here, it's chilly, but nice! The sun is shining bright and the sky is a beautiful blue, not a cloud in sight. Love the sky when it's this pretty blue.
I am sharing with you my piece I did for my Word Art Wednesday challenge, it's a paraphrase from Ruth 1:16 Where you lead, I will follow.
I am finding that I don't like working on a wide canvas, this is 8x10 and am not feeling it. I like smaller and not so wide, to much space to have to fill up, things look empty but then if I fill it up, then it looks cluttered. I could probably do a 6x10 or something but that extra two inches. I don't know, hard to explain. haha!
The beautiful doily is from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff, it's new and fun to work with. I love having the doilies to play with as they are great for using as a stencil!

Thanks for stoppin' by and have a great day!

17 comments:

Tabitha said...

I just love how you cradeled the word in the doiley.

NickelNook said...

Your canvas is beautiful! I really like that pretty doily! As far as I can tell, the 8 X 10 size just gives me a couple more inches of your artistic goodness to enjoy!...Nancy :o)

Karin said...

Beautiful piece of art!

Pam said...

Gorgeous--I think you did a great job with the 8x10! (I have a similar picture of my grandmother on her wedding day. You've inspired me to use it on some art.)

1CardCreator said...

Very pretty.

Noelle Garrett Designs said...

Beautiful art! Thank you so much for stopping by, your work is just lovely!
Warm regards,
Carrie
Noelle Garrett Designs

KarenC Inspired said...

Girl! That is an awesome canvas! I think it's very creative. One of a kind! you're being too hard on yourself.

Do you frame yours? I've been finding good deals on frames @ some of the area thrift stores. I'm really glad because they are so expensive.

The picture you used is so sweet.

Gemiel said...

Beautiful canvas!!! You can never tell that 8x10 isn't your cup of tea. I love the little flowers. Did you make them?

Becky said...

Beautiful card, love the beautiful details and the vintage photo.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Lovely canvas! Wish I could send you some of our TX weather. We are in the 70's right now! Don't be hater, ha! I LOVE it here. But we had an exceptionaly hot summer, so I guess we are having an exceptionaly warm winter to go with it.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

I think you did a great job, even if you weren't feeling it. Your collages are always such an inspiration to me. I've been picking up canvas here and there and just might surprise you someday. Thanks so much for linking this up to Scripture Thursday. Hugs, ~ Abby

Micki said...

Oh I love it. I don't know what you mean because it's gorgeous but I know what you mean about not feeling it. I do that all the time. :-) It's gorgeous and I'm hoping to start doing more canvas art and start some art journaling. Big hugs

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Cassandra! I wish I had found your blog sooner. It's very inspiring. So glad to be part of the WAW Challenges. Thanks for sharing God's Word with us in this special way.
Blessings,
Karen

Victoria said...

Hi, thanks for your kind words over on my blog :) I love the vintage picture and beautiful doily on your word art. Fab colours and layout too.

Kate said...

Love your style :)

Margaret said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I just love all your art work.

Jackie said...

This is so beautiful! Very inspiring piece of art...TFS!!!