Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Genesis 2:24


I have been enjoying time in my art room and I was getting things together for my Word Art Wednesday challenge as the scripture for this week was Genesis 2:24 and this is what I came up with. I don't know about you but there are some things I make that I am like yea, it's nice and it goes into a pile for me to give to Goodwill. Then there are some that I just love and this is one.

The scripture, Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:24.

The Lord has blessed me with such a handsome, kind, so, so patient, helpful and supportive man for me to become one with. I could on for days talking about my love. :o) God truly does know the one we are to be with. Thank you Lord.

The paper flowers are from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff new digital stamp Pen and Ink Poppie collection. She also has a new Funky Jars to Fill Set digital stamp collection and my favorite, Decorative Doilies. They can be used for stenciling too. Love those!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


12 comments:

Sarah Bennett said...

Cass, this really *is* an awesome creation! Love that Scripture and it is perfectly matched for your beautiful creation. Yes, God knows who is right for you, and it's so great that you can see that and appreciate your husband as you do. Lovely work, my friend!

Micki said...

Oh I love it, love the pop of red with the poppie. And that bag of lace..... awesome :-)

hugs

Cheryl said...

This is so classy! You always created such beautiful works of art.

MaxineD said...

Love this Cassandra - so gentle and it really showcases and illustrates the scripture beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

Melisa Waldorf said...

Shabbalicious!! God is so good! I know that God made my DH just for me. Frankly, I can't imagine anyone else putting up with me, teehee.

Becky said...

You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband. This creation is gorgeous with the design and lace.

xinme said...

Beautiful, Cassandra! I especially love all the random stamping at the bottom. Is the picture of anyone that you know? I love the vintage look of it all :)

This Art That Heals said...

Thank you ladies for your kind words.

Hi Paula, no not anyone that I know. It's a vintage image that I got from a flickr group.

Gemiel said...

This is beautiful!!! Are those actual doilies or are they digital images?

trisha too said...

Very pretty and sweet, a lovely piece.

:)

Tabitha said...

Cassandra! I just love your art work this week. It just really stands out. Isn't God wonderful!

Karen Letchworth said...

Cassandra: I absolutely LOVE when I get great deals like that at Thrift stores. I got a similar score on some vintage buttons a few months back. Your art is beautiful, as always,
Karen