Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mountains and some art..

Hi there, it's been a while. Thanksgiving was nice and I am looking forward to Christmas! :o) We spent some time together this past week up in the mountains and what a great time. It was so pretty as it always is. We took some awesome photos of this beautiful little spot that the Lord has created for us all to enjoy. I would love to build a house right near here so I could enjoy the beauty everyday. The first photo below was taken when the sun was just getting things warmed up. It was in in the fifties during the day but with the sun shining it didn't feel that cold. At night it got down to around the mid twenties. 







I started on this piece while we were there and just finished it. I cut it out of pine wood, added some paint and stamping. The roof is of patterned scrapbook paper and I used decorative scissors to cut it out. The scripture I love as it's my daily reminder that no matter what I am doing that day I am to do it as if it's for the Lord and not for man.
Thank you for stoppin' by! I hope you are having a great day!

8 comments:

NickelNook said...

Hi Cassandra! Thank you so much for sharing some of our Heavenly Father"s Artistic Masterpieces! WOW...those photos are amazing! It sounds like you had a quite an adventure...I'm so glad your ankle is feeling better! I really like your art piece as well! That's one of my favorite Scripture verses! Thank you so much! I hope your weekend is full of JOY!...Nancy :o)

Wendy said...

Oh wow! What awesome photos... such amazing scenery.

Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day. I would love to share my post on your blog. Please feel free to post it.

Wendy M xx

Margaret said...

Beautiful photos - so peaceful and lovely.

Your art is amazing as always.

Jonia said...

Cassandra what a Masterpiece our Lord has created. So beautiful and I am so glad you were able to spend some time there. Your piece of art is fantastic and I love it. Thanks for sharing!

Just Me said...

What an awesome place to visit, your pictures are great.
Thank you for vising my blog.

Jackie said...

Your photos are absolutely beautiful & it looks so very peaceful there! Love your art too....TFS!!!

Dixie said...

Beautiful pictures and art! Such incredible scenery, what a treat to visit. Love the colours on your artwork, and the verse. Glad your ankle is on the mend, and wasn't too serious :)

Ina said...

Lovely photos. It is always nice to see other parts of the world in photos. Thanks.