Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Word Art Wednesday #1

I've made some changes in the details of how to play along. Have fun!


~ Each Wednesday I will post either a scripture or encouraging quote. You can use the one I post or if you are working on another project that has another scripture or encouraging quote you may use that.


~ I welcome altered art, cards, layouts, mixed media, tags, wall art, etc. as long as it's family friendly. I will remove any art that isn't family friendly.

~ Please link up to your project page, not your home page.

~ Please add my Word Art Wednesday button to your sidebar or mention it in your post along with a link back to the challenge page.


For this week, I chose this encouraging quote as it seems fitting for what I have been pressing through in the past week.
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain".
This is  piece of pine scrap wood, with collage papers, I added some green paper and paint to give it more of a grass look at the bottom. I stamped all over, painted the sides with brown and black and added some white bubble wrap stamping. The words are distress inked in different colors to remind me that whatever I am facing I don't have to allow it to consume me and bring me down.
To see it just as that, a storm and it will soon pass. Keep my head up and focus on the good that surrounds me. 

The image is from Graphics Fairy and I distress inked them in spun sugar and a little purple, not sure of the name of the purple. They aren't glued completely down, the tops of them are lifted off the page as if they are dancing right off the page away from the storm.

I can't wait to see what you make! Have fun and a great day!






2 comments:

Margaret said...

This is Cassie. I love all your vintage work. Hope I can come up with something to play along.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Cassandra, love this new blog with your dose of inspiration and new Word Art Wednesday. I do hope to participate soon. I really like how you cut out the letters. I've learned so much from many of your techniques. ~ Abby