Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Word Art Wednesday #2

Hi there, today's a beautiful day but the weather really needs to make up its mind. One day it's cold then warm. I'm happy with 68 degrees for winter. We are off to a field trip soon and I wanted to get this posted early. I hope you have a great day and so glad you stopped by to join in the fun!

~ Each Wednesday I will post either a scripture or encouraging quote. You can use the one I post or if you are working on another project that has another scripture or encouraging quote you may use that.

~ I welcome all art, altered, mixed media, digital, etc. as long as it's family friendly. I will remove any art that isn't family friendly.

~ Please link up to your project page, not your home page.

~ Please add my Word Art Wednesday button to your sidebar or mention it in your post along with a link back to the challenge page.

The scripture for this week is:
The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. Psalm 28:7

The background of this piece is the one I did in the tutorial below on using glue and paint technique to create a crackle effect. I added some hymn paper around the lady and put some paste along that with a flower and some beads. I also added a stamp and some red with bubble wrap.

Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to seeing what you have made!!

9 comments:

Little Birdie Blessings said...

I LOVE your tag!! You portray this scripture in such a beautiful way. I'll link up either today or tomorrow. ~ Abby

Jonia said...

Oh wow Cassandra, this is lovely! You are so good with the vintage side! I wish I could think of these things. BEAUTIFUL!

xinme said...

Thanks for posting on the CPA yahoo group -- I love, love, LOVE this idea and will participate when I can :)

I haven't scouted around your blog too much (though I am your newest follower) but I noticed you mentioned a "field trip" -- are you homeschoolers? We are -- so I just thought I'd make that connection if you were ;)

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog & following. I am now your newest Follower. :) This is such a wonderful scripture. After I write my post today...I will come back & link up. I just did a mini canvas about strength!!

Shelley said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog and the invitation! Got it linked up! :) And I'm a new follower too! Thanks again!

Shelley
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com

Shoregirl said...

I love your project and would love to try your crackle technique sometime! Love that torn paper look too!

Dixie said...

I wondered what you would make with that fabulous background, and you sure didn't disappoint. This is just stunning!

MaxineD said...

Great to see where you used that background - I have not got to trying it out yet. Your finished piece is beautiful and radiates peace.
Blessings
Maxine

Bernadette Bliss said...

So,so pretty. I just followed you over here from Little Birdie Blessings, and I am glad I did!