Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pumpkin art...

Hi! How are you? I've got lots of things to do today, some fun and not so fun. It's all good though.  I mentioned last night that I was working on a Thanksgiving project as I am not able to find any decorations in the stores, well at least Target I didn't see any. It's more fun to make it myself anyway. I used a pumpkin svg from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff, Classic fall clipart and svg file  and traced and cut it out onto a piece of wood, glued down my favorite papers, painted, stamped, inked up the edges of some prima leaves and added some wire. I love how it turned out. I hope you have a fun, productive day. When you get a minute do stop by my Word Art Wednesday challenge something fun going on over there! 
 Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

GCgirl said...

WOW! GORGEOUS!!! Way better than anything your could have bought at the store I am sure!

Cheryl said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous! I think this is my favorite piece so far.

Art Expression said...

Love,love,love it = )

Heather said...

I love your pumpkin!! Gorgeous! I love all the details...so fun to look at! Beautiful work Cassandra!
Hugs!

Karin said...

Amazing! I have no idea how that came from that clip art set of Lindsay's...lol! You are a genius :)

dellerd said...

What a great project that turned out just awesome!! Love your Pumpkin, better than anything store bought!!!

MaxineD said...

WOW Cassandra I love this pumpkin - you have done an amazing job here!
Blessings
Maxine

Coleen said...

So cute, so cute and it doesn't say, "made in China" for a lot more satisfaction. Someday I'll retire and have more time to create, but for now God has me sharing my creativity with other in classes and I love that too.

Blessings, Coleen in Ukaine

kathi17 said...

You did a beautiful job on the pumpkin. It's so much nicer than anything you could have bought, and so creative!

KarenC Inspired said...

Love the pumpkin. The ink/distressing is my favorite. You have got me thinking outside my box. I've tried altering paper & like it. I bought a frame for a 16x20 painting I did & have the backing left over. Been thinking about you & your techniques. Going to do something fun with it. Will definitely have a scripture I want to remember.