Wednesday, November 23, 2011

In the art room...

Hi there, are you busy getting goodies ready for tomorrow? I've baked a pie and am working on a few other things. The only thing I am not fond about Thanksgiving and Christmas is all the cooking as it takes hours to prepare, twenty minutes to eat until you feel like you're going to pop and then an hour to clean up when you're oh so tired. haha! At least for me that's how the day seems to go. 
I got some time the other day to sit down and make art, which was nice, actually, I have quite a bit of time but I tend to spend it on doing other things and at the end of the day I am like why'd I spend all day doing that when I could have been making something. I need to manage my time on here better.

My project I made is for my WAW challenge and the scripture I posted for it was Hebrews 13:15 Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all time offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of the lips that thankfully acknowledge, confess and glorify His name. 

I think it's a great reminder for me to daily be looking and searching for things the Lord does for me and to thank Him for them right then. They are so little that if I'm not careful they pass on by. I know for me, an unexpected hug from my children, thank you Lord. In the middle of rush hour traffic and there's a spot to get out, thank you Lord. They may seem silly to some, but I'm thanking Him. :o)

We have so much to be thankful for. In Psalm 42:5 the psalmist is asking why am I so discouraged and so sad, he will put his hope in God and praise Him again. So in the midst of whatever it was he was going through he continued to praise and thank Him. There are times when I've been so afraid to do or say something that I forget to find those positive things to be thankful for and
when it's all over I think back on it and am in awe that I made it through and He was right there beside me.
Here's my project, it has a lot going on with it, my husband asked if the paint was meant to be tears. I said it could, I guess it depends on what you're feeling when you look at it and read the scripture. Most of my art I am finding is wrapped around keeping my peace and praise to Him in the midst of a fast paced in your face world.
Thank you for stopping by and when you get a minute do stop by my challenge blog. Have a great day!!

4 comments:

Dolly B said...

Just wondering where I can find your challenge blog ? Love your art works

Cheers
Mary

Dolly B said...

Whoops please disregard last question, just saw the button on the side bar

Cheers
Mary

Jennifer said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog! I love vintage to, but am still learning how to bring it out in my work.

Pam said...

This is so beautiful--both the project, and your post. What a good reminder.