Monday, November 7, 2011

Be kind to yourself...

Hi there, I hope you had a great weekend, it was quiet and relaxing here. I wish the weather would make up it's mind if it's going to be cold or hot though. Today it's a bit warm with a cool breeze, I am looking forward to the winter weather. It doesn't get to bad here.
I was in my art room this morning and this is what came forth, be kind to yourself. I am and have been quite hard on myself in trying to figure things out in my life and what it is I am to be doing, etc. A couple weeks ago my best friend shared, focus on what God has you doing right now and stop trying to figure out what His life plan for you is. Last week, my neighbor was doing a Bible study with the book, Forgotten God and I asked her what's it about she said, basically, focus on what God has you doing right now and not what His life purpose is for you. I shared this with my best friend and I just smiled because I know it was the Lord. Whatever it is you're facing, take today and do what you know in your heart is what He wants you to do and don't worry about the future. If you make some mistakes as I do, have and will continually do, ask Him to forgive you and help you to learn from them and move on. Be kind to yourself.


7 comments:

NickelNook said...

Oh, so wonderful Cassandra...and exactly right!! Thanks for sharing what God's been telling you and your beautiful art piece! It's very inspiring!...Nancy :o)

Art Expression said...

Beautiful = )

MaxineD said...

So true Cassandra - our devotion this morning was entitled "Do what you love and love what you do" - when joy and passion mix you are pretty well on target to what God wants of you.

lovely art, too.
Blessings
Maxine

dellerd said...

Hi Cassandra.....watched your tutorial on crackle with paint and glue. I have never seen this done and can't wait to try it. I signed up on your blog and look forward to following you.....

Ann-Margaret {Ann-Margaret's Visions} said...

Cassandra, Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! :) Many thanks for your sweet message...Tucker was all smiles when I shared your compliment with him! Love this post, as it is a sweet reminder to focus on today and make the most of each moment it holds. It is so difficult sometimes to not let our minds run away from us and try to worry too much about what is to come. I know this is an area I am always growing in! :) Looking forward to visiting with you more! :)

RORO LEE said...

Like the light colors and texture! Beautiful distressed tag!

Dixie said...

What a wonderful thought and a beautiful piece of art. I love the lovely light colours and design.