Saturday, October 29, 2011

Dare to be...

Hi, it's getting chilly here. It's nice. We have a local scrapbook store here in our town. I figured it's time for me to start exploring the artsy craftsy world. I had called the owner yesterday asking her when her next get together was for when the ladies come in, hang out and do their own art, etc. It was today, so I gathered up some supplies and headed over. It was fun, had a nice time.
Here's what I made. I took the dress form from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff digi stamp collection, enlarged it and traced it out on wood and cut it out. Love it! It's my new thing right now to work on. The next one is on a piece of recycled cardboard. They were both a lot of fun to put together.
I hope your weekend is going well. Thanks for stoppin' by!






12 comments:

Vicki said...

WOW! Love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comments. Always love to have new friends visit! Love your blog and so excited to see your next project! Blessings to you!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors, the script stamps, the layers and the words. Nicely done friend. Nicely done. It's always such a treat to play with art and craft supplies and get something fabulous in the end. :)

Dell said...

This is beautiful! Love how you altered both projects! Very nice.

Thanks for lovely comment on my blog and inviting me to yours. I am now a follower. Can't wait to see what else you do.

Just Me said...

Thank you for the comment you left on my blog. I came over for a visit and when I saw these two pieces a different blog came to mind. In my confused state, I looked for who was doing art like Cassandra. Hee hee, I am so far behind in my blog visiting.
Your pieces are beautiful.

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh I totally love both of these and what a fantastic idea about the dress form! Must try and find that digi stamp collection...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I'm following you too now.
Have a great Sunday!

Effie said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by and your lovely comment.. It's greatly appreciated.
X

Jonia said...

This is just beautiful Cassandra! You did a great job!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

I bet it was fun to get together with some other ladies and do your artwork. Love your style, always fun to see what new things you've made. Like the new blog and header. ~ Abby

GCgirl said...

Both projects turned out lovely! Looking forward to seeing how you continue to grow and explore in your artsy endeavors :0)

Lisa Echerd said...

What beautiful projects! You will love blogging and sharing your work with others. Congratulations on getting out there and finding new friends to craft with.

Natalie said...

This is so wonderful, love the artwork, Cassandra! Praise the Lord!

Ephemera said...

What beautiful artwork. I love the dress form and your collage is stunning, the colours compliment one another beautifully. XX